Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and think critically. Intelligence plus character...that's the goal of true education. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Inclusion means to include everyone. The practice of inclusion is making sure you reach every student academic needs. Example of students that inclusion is geared to would be physically handicapped, multiple intelligence, subject deficiencies and bilingual students.
Characteristic of inclusive school are have student take on more more responsibility in their community. They also realize that teachers aren't going to be able to everything and invite community members and parents to volunteer as tutors, mentors, and support. An example of children help schools be inclusive is an example of cooperative learning. In cooperative learning students all take have roles and responsibilities. They work together to problem solve.


http://youtu.be/xtyn-kNb0iM


I choose this video because it got me thinking about how as a society, we have idea of what normal is but really have no clue. I loved the activity in this video.

http://www2.ed.gov/pubs/OR/ConsumerGuides/cooplear.html

I believe strongly in using cooperative learning verses group work in the classroom. When each student assume a responsibility along with positive peer pressure and a less restrictive environment they may feel at ease to participate and express themselves.

Balkcom, S. (n.d.). Archived: Cooperative Learning. U.S. Department of Education. Retrieved January 18, 2012, from http://www2.ed.gov/pubs/OR/ConsumerGuides/


I Am Norm in Four Easy Steps - YouTube . (n.d.). YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. . Retrieved January 18, 2012, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtyn-kNb0iM&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. I love the I Am Normal in Four Easy Steps video! A great example of how to create classroom activities that promote inclusive practices!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Virginia
My name is Renita. I am a senior at Fairmont State University. I am very excited this year. There is so much going on in my life. One big thing being graduating in December.