Sunday, February 5, 2012

Poem

I am from the white house on the hill next to the middle school from backyard football games, high school rivalry and backyard brawls.
I am from the home of pepperoni rolls, the first father’s day and Dunbar High Alumni.
I am from the church every Sunday, the love of family by blood and by heart.
I am from celebrating every birthday with family and helping anyone in need, from Meades and Bonners and Turners.
I am from the occasional absent mindedness and never giving in. From “it’s more important to be proud of yourself” and lullabies and bedtime stories
I am from Methodist, Baptist and Christianity.
I'm from Akron Toledo, Ohio and Fairmont W.Va., Great Grandma’s pudding cake and Mom’s baked Mac and Cheese.
From the Uncle Bill graduating high school at 114 pounds underweight for the Navy and waiting a year, gaining four pounds and joining the Army, the Aunt Charlotte Graduating college not being able to get a job because of the color of her skin moving to Toledo and coming back to receive the Milken award.

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding! I love that you communicated some intriguing facts about your family like your Uncle Bill's desire to join the armed forces and your Grandmother's triumph receiving the Milken Award!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
West Virginia
My name is Renita. I am a senior at Fairmont State University. I am very excited this year. There is so much going on in my life. One big thing being graduating in December.